Grant of License: In consideration of payment for these construction documents, Ross Chapin Architects (RCA) grants you, the Licensee, a nonexclusive right to use and to construct ONE structure from these documents. Additional licenses may be obtained by contacting the RCA office. RCA reserves all rights not expressly granted to Licensee.
Copies: One plan copy provided. Your license agreement allows you to copy additional sets as needed for your project.
Local Conditions: These documents have been drawn to meet generally accepted requirements. However, RCA cannot ensure that they will be appropriate for your specific conditions or that they will meet all requirements of your local coding agency. It is the responsibility of the Licensee to see that they do. RCA recommends consultation with a local design or building professional prior to submission of permit application.
Liability: Neither RCA, nor anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of this product shall be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages.
Marketing: The plans you are purchasing are labeled “GoodFit”. Marketing home sales using “Ross Chapin Architects” is prohibited, unless by further agreement and when RCA is contracted to do site planning.
Purchase: All sales are final.
Stock Plan General Notes & Disclaimers
1) These drawings have been prepared to meet generally accepted professional standards and practices, but have been developed without knowledge of or reference to the Licensee’s specific site or geographical location. Local site conditions, such as frost depth, soil bearing capacity, seismic and wind zones, exposure, etc. may vary. Local code requirements for such life-safety requirements as stair width, stair rise and run, egress windows and smoke detectors, etc. may vary. The strength of materials (such as lumber) available locally may vary. Therefore, supplemental to these documents, it is the Licensee’s responsibility to consult with his/her local builder and a professional designer or structural engineer to determine that these documents meet all current federal, state/provincial and local codes, ordinances/bylaws and regulations, etc., and are appropriate to specific site conditions. Compliance with such requirements shall take precedence over these documents.
2) Any use of this information without adaptation to changes in codes, standards, site conditions and other factors is at the Licensee’s sole risk. RCA assumes no responsibility for changes made to these plans by others and makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, in the use of these plans. The Licensee agrees to defend and indemnify RCA for all claims, costs, losses or damages resulting from the use of these documents.
3) Before starting construction, it is the builder’s responsibility to check all dimensions and details, and verify conformance with governing code requirements for the geographic area in which the house is to be built. All structural, mechanical and electrical requirements shall also be reviewed before construction begins. Codes govern over drawings and dimensions govern over scale. Notify the architect of dimensional discrepancies.
4) RCA has not been engaged for construction supervision of any kind and assumes no responsibility to ensure that construction conforms to these plans, nor has any responsibility for construction means, methods, techniques, sequences, procedures or safety precautions in connection with the work.
5) RCA retains ownership of the construction documents and all subsequent copies of the works regardless of the form of the original and other copies. This is not a sale of the original documents whatsoever.
6) These drawings and specifications are copyrighted. Unauthorized copying of these documents is expressly forbidden. The Licensee is granted the right to make copies as needed for the construction of one (1) building per plan purchase. Any other copying is unauthorized. The Licensee may be held legally responsible for any copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by the failure to adhere to the terms of this agreement.
To order plans, please give us a call us at 360.221.2373 and we can take your credit card information over the phone (M – F, 8:30 – 5:30 PDT).
Or, send us a check accompanied by this downloadable mail in order form.